The Types of Information We Collect
Information Collected About You
You may provide us with certain information in connection with a booking or in your interactions with our website. When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. If you choose not to provide the information, you may not be able to use our services. The personal information we may collect includes:
- Your name, contact information, date of birth, nationality, driver’s license details, DVLA check code, occupation and employer’s name and contact address.
- Vehicle rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is collected from/returned to, date of rentals, rental charges and type of rental;
- Your credit card details and ID (e.g. passport information, bank statement, utility bill, etc);
- Details of your driving history including motoring offence convictions, licence suspension/endorsements, accidents and refusal of premiums/increased premium.
- Sensitive data about any health conditions.
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in competitions or promotional offers;
- CCTV footage of you whilst on our premises also in or outside our vehicles;
With your consent, we may access location-based information or collect location markers from your mobile device or based on your IP address. We may use this information to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers or other information that may be helpful in providing you with better services. We do not use this information to specifically locate you for any reason other than to provide you the service. With your consent, our application may utilise your device’s camera. If you have allowed us to utilise your location information or your device’s camera in the past and wish to revoke the permissions, please change the settings on your device.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
Vehicle Operation and Location Data
Our vehicles may be equipped with a vehicle telematics system. Some or all telematics system functionality may or may not be active during rental periods. Telematics systems may provide us with use of, disclosure of, or access to (1) location information, (2) crash notification and related crash data and (3) operational condition, mileage, diagnostic and performance reporting of vehicles, as permitted by law.
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
• To assist the transactions that you request, such as reserving and renting splitter vans or sleeper buses.
• To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your enquiry.
• To verify your identity for fraud prevention purposes.
• To contact you regarding your enquiry and/or reservation.
• To contact you about a citation or claim.
• To provide you with discounts, competitions, reward programmes and other information, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you. You may receive these offers in advertising via third-party sites and media properties, including on social media. You may be able to opt out of these ads by clicking on an icon in the ad or through the privacy settings in each media property.
• To compile statistics and analysis about our customers’ use of our websites, products and services, which statistics are only used to enable us to provide better customer service, products, features and functionality to you and other customers in the future.
• To protect our rights and property.
We may combine the information that you submit to us with information related to your transactions with us, such as rental location and vehicle type.
To update your marketing preferences please click here.
With your consent, we may utilise text messaging, known as Short Message Service (SMS), to provide time sensitive communications related to your transaction (e.g. construction delay at airport branch). You will have the ability to opt out of these communications by replying to the message as stated in the message.
We retain information we collect for commercially reasonable periods of time or in accordance with specific laws or policies. Information collected for a specified purpose will only be used for that purpose and, after a reasonable period of time, will no longer be actively stored when that purpose has been fulfilled. Inactive data may, however, continue to be used for statistical, marketing, archiving and other analytical purposes.
How Your Information May Be Shared
Telematics Data from rental vehicles may be disclosed to, accessed by or used by us, emergency service providers, others who may assist in responding to an accident, telematics service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data.
We also may disclose your information to other third parties:
• when required by law or in response to legal process;
• without legal process in response to a request from law enforcement relating to a criminal investigation;
• to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of the public;
• to analyse our data, conduct mobile analytics services or to maintain and improve our services (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate);
• to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or our websites’ terms and conditions;
• if the rights of another individual might be violated and;
• otherwise with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers (such as a payment processor). These service providers may be located in a country different from your country of residence, such as the United States or a European Union member country. These service providers are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information. However, your information may be accessible to authorities in accordance with applicable laws.
We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our websites which may contain personally identifiable information. We will obtain your consent via email prior to posting the testimonial. You can request the removal of your testimonial by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Security and Integrity
The security of the information you provide is very important to us and we try to provide secure transmission of your information. For certain transactions on some of our websites, we may use Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to secure the transfer of information. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmission over the Internet. Once we receive your information, we take steps that we believe are reasonably appropriate to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction to ensure the data’s integrity.
We reserve the right not to allow access to your information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated.
For email marketing please use the unsubscribe link located at the footer of each email.