How do I book a splitter van?
How do i book a splitter van?
1) In order to hire a splitter van from us, drivers must be 25 years or over and have held a license for at least 2 years. We can make exceptions to these rules, however they need to be approved in advance by our insurers (our insurers will often cover drivers under the age of 25 provided they have clean licenses, but they will usually increase the insurance excess).
2) To confirm a splitter van booking we require a non-refundable booking deposit of 15% of the hire fee (£50 minimum).
3) The remainder of the hire fee [less the deposit already paid] must be paid in full before the vehicle can be handed over.. Due to current legislation affecting the insurance industry we can only accept payment via debit or credit card for hires (cash or cheque are not accepted). BACS transfers are also fine as long as they have cleared prior to the start of the hire.
4) Our hire period runs from 10am on the day of the hire until 10am the next day.
5) There is a European surcharge of £10 per day when a vehicle is being taken out of the UK. This is added to the hire fee.